WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
During our relationship with you, we may collect Personal Data from you. Examples of the types of Personal Data we may collect includes your name, contact details, delivery addresses, email address, your shopping or browsing behaviours, voice recording (from customer service calls) and any other personally identifiable information that you have provided us in any form you may have submitted to us, or in the course of any other forms of interaction between you and us. Where such information pertains to an identified individual - Personal Data may also include network and device data such as IP address and device or advertising identifiers and information we obtain using cookies or other tracking technologies. We may also collect information about you from third-party sources and platforms (including data validation services, authentication service providers, social networking sites, online marketing and segmentation providers and ad targeting companies) to supplement the information we collect directly from you.
If you provide us with Personal Data relating to a third-party by submitting such Personal Data to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third-party to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We collect Personal Data from you when:
- You register an account on the Website or the Apps;
- You use any of our related services, such as subscribing to our newsletter or product notifications;
- You browse our products and services or otherwise interact with our Website
- You accept our cookies and other tracking technologies on your device;
- You interact with our customer service team or other representatives, for example, via our webform, chat, emails, telephone calls, letters, or face-to-face meetings;
- You interact with us on our Social Media, such as liking our posts, commenting on our posts, private messaging us on our Social Media;
- You purchase a gift card for redemption on ISSUE CLOTHING.COM or ISSUECLOTHING.COM.AU
- You participate in our promotions and giveaways, initiatives or any request for additional Personal Data such as customer surveys;
- Your authorised representative submits your Personal Data to us for any purpose reasonably authorised by you, for example if such representative is purchasing our product or service to be delivered to you or as a gift;
- Our third-party analytics and other service providers, business or commercial partners provide your Personal Data to us, which was collected and processed by them and disclosed to us pursuant to their separate privacy policies; or
- You voluntarily submit your Personal Data to us for any reason.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use and disclose your Personal Data for purposes necessary to provide you with our products as services, including to:
- provide, maintain, protect and improve our technology, products and services, and monitor their effectiveness;
- register and maintain your user account and to verify your identity or age;
- process your order for our products or services, process or collect your payment for the order;
- deliver or perform the products or services you purchased, including couriers calling or messaging you to obtain your delivery instructions;
- facilitate you transacting via alternative payment methods (such as Paypal or Afterpay);
- process your returns or refunds in accordance with our Terms and Conditions;
- provide you with supporting services and functions related to your user account, such as saved items in cart, wish-list, brand or product and browser notifications;
- personalise and improve your customer experience when you visit the Website and the Apps, for example by prioritising products and services appearing in your search results or feed, or in communications we send you;
- monitor and enforce compliance with our Terms and Conditions, including dispute resolution;
- to carry out administration, marketing, planning, account security, fraud detection and loss prevention activities, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way we provide products and services to you;
- comply with (i) internal risk controls, (ii) the terms of our access to payment processing, financial or banking services such as credit card disputes, fraud, billing errors, or (iii) any applicable law, regulation or regulator’s directive; and
- ensure our Website and Apps function properly and to improve their performance, by carrying out activities such as debugging, statistical analyses for optimising our Website and Apps.
(collectively, the "Purposes")
In addition, we may use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes, to:
- send you marketing communications in relation to our sales, products, services, promotions or the Platforms;
- send you marketing communications in relation to the sales, products, services or promotions of business partners, including promotional mail together with your order;
- deliver ads that are related to our products and services that are targeted and personalised to your interests, attributes, preferences and experiences on the Platforms or other websites, apps or online platforms;
- enable businesses to deliver ads which are related to their products and services which may be of interest to you;
- provide you with any add-on or premium services;
- invite you to our private customer events;
- process your participation in our promotions and giveaways (including contacting you if you win, displaying your details online, publishing your name in relevant newspapers or disclosing details of winners to relevant authorities, if required by law), initiatives or any request for additional Personal Data such as customer surveys;
- conduct market and customer research, analysis or tracking;
- promote our products and services on our Platforms;
- manage the administrative and business operations of ISSUE CLOTHING CO and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- improve your customer experience across all touchpoints and training our customer experience team, such as by recording and monitoring phone calls;
- any specific purpose in relation to a particular product or service, which we may separately notify you on the product or service page; and
- as part of or in anticipation of a business sale, merger, consolidation, investment, change in control, transfer of substantial corporate assets, reorganisation, liquidation, or similar business transaction or corporate event.
(collectively, the “Additional Purposes”)
We may also use or disclose your Personal Data for secondary purposes in accordance with Applicable Laws, or with your further consent.
Finally, we may also collect information about you in an aggregated and anonymous basis - in order to conduct internal analysis of traffic patterns within our Website. This information is used by us to administer and improve our products and services.
WHO WILL YOUR PERSONAL DATA BE SHARED WITH?
In relation to our use of your Personal Data for the Purposes or Additional Purposes, we may disclose your Personal Data to:
- our employees, consultants, temporary workers or other representatives;
- payment processors, who process your payment on the Website and the Apps;
- logistics providers, such as courier, fulfilment or parcel-pickup services which will deliver your order to you, and parcel return partners;
- business partners who separately maintain an account with you for loyalty or point redemption programs;
- business partners or vendors in connection with the processing of any promotion, event or service organised by us;
- our professional advisers, bankers and auditors;
- agents, contractors or service providers who provide operational services to us or who help provide our services to you, such as online cloud storage and processing, fraud detection and monitoring, marketing optimisation, information technology, telecommunications, market research, customer analysis or tracking, security or other relevant services which requires that entity’s collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data; and
- any other party whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data to.
We do our best to minimise the disclosure of your Personal Data to the information necessary to perform the related Purpose or Additional Purpose. However, we may also disclose your Personal Data for secondary purposes if the secondary purpose is related to the Purpose or Additional Purpose and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information for the secondary purpose, otherwise in accordance with Applicable Laws, or with your further consent.
You acknowledge and agree that, should we sell, merge or otherwise change control of our business, our company or the Website to a third-party:
- we shall be permitted to disclose the Personal Data and other information that we have collected from you to the third-party, without giving notice or seeking prior consent from you; and
- we shall be entitled to assign the benefit of any agreements we have with you to the third-party.
HOW CAN I ACCESS OR CORRECT MY PERSONAL DATA?
You may access or correct some Personal Data including your name, shipping and billing addresses by logging in to your user account on the Website.
For Personal Data that cannot be corrected by you by logging in to your user account on the Website or Apps, you may request to access and correct such Personal Data by emailing email@example.com We may need to request additional information from you to confirm your identity before providing the access or making corrections.
We will do our best to respond to Personal Data access and correction requests within 30 days. Where we are unable to meet this timeline, we will update you with the soonest possible time within which we can provide the information or make the correction. Please note that certain types of Personal Data access and correction requests may be exempt under Applicable Laws, and we may charge you a reasonable fee for the handling and processing of your Personal Data access request, if permitted by Applicable Laws.
While ISSUE CLOTHING makes reasonable efforts to provide our users with access to their Personal Data, there may be circumstances in which we are unable to provide such access, including but not limited to: where the information in question is legally privileged, would compromise the privacy or other legitimate rights of other persons, where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to your privacy, where the request is clearly excessive or unfounded, or where the information requested comprises proprietary business information.
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at:
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Google analytics: Our store uses Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at
Facebook: Our store uses Facebook advertising, including retargeting.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
PREF, persistent for a very short period, Set by Google and tracks who visits the store and from where
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com or by mail at
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
98 Spaxton Street Methven Canterbury NZ 7730